Tonights healthy dinner consisted of grilled chicken breast, with grilled asparagus, mushroom, and green peppers on skewers, served with with a mixed green salad of lettuce, arugula, feta cheese and walnuts, overall it was nice but i may have put more salt than i was suppose to, i do this stupid mistake a lot, so from now on i’m only going to apply a little salt and whoever wants more will just put some when the food is cooked to stay on the safe side.
Will be posting the recipe for these tomorrow cause tonight i’m dead tired and i’m barely writing the post now heheehe nighty night!
“Here are more pictures to enjoy”
Bonne Appetit! ZZZzzzzzzzzzz
Okay so i know the recipes look and they will sound pretty simple, but i believe that there will be a useful tip here or there to help you guys cook healthy and make it delicious.
Grilled chicken served with baby asparagus and mushroom pepper on skewers you’ll need:
– 6 chicken breasts tenderized “beat with wooden mallet”
– Canola oil “one of the best oils to be used for cooking, the name Canola” was derived from “Canadian oil, low acid”, this oil is low in saturated fat and high in monounsaturated fat and has beneficial omega-3 fatty acids, it’s a little pricy but trust me it is worth it.
– Mushrooms and peppers cut in half and skewer them
– Baby asparagus
– salt and pepper
– Heat skillet and brush canola oil “you can do it with a brush or just by applying it with a tissue”
– When your grilling skillet is heated, line up your breasts and season them with salt and pepper and start grilling.
– This is the trick, to add flavor, what you can do is mix any favorite flavor of yours and brush the chicken while it’s being grilled, for some nice seasoning you can mix 1/2 maple syrup with 1/2 cup orange juice, or 1/2 cup honey with a Tbsp of Lemon juice and zest, and make sure to brush them on each side when you turn them, i went really simple with this one i was just crushing garlic on top and you could just rub the garlic on your chicken it will immediately absorb the flavor. This is the step that will add flavor to your chicken and yet your cooking with barely any oil.
– when your chicken is cooked, remove and grill in the same skillet any vegetables you like and do the same process of the seasoning, you can even SLIGHTLY brush them with butter just to add the flavor, i’m not saying dip the whole thing inside but brushing slightly, for this dinner i just grilled mushrooms and peppers on skewers, and baby asparagus in the same grilling pan so it absorbs all the chicken juices.
Green Salad with Feta cheese and Walnuts you’ll need:
– lulu rosso
– Low fat Feta cheese
– Balsamic Vinegar
– Olive oil
– Salt and pepper
Using your hands just break up the lulu rosso in a bowl, mix in the arugula, place feta cheese, and crush walnuts on top.
For the dressing mix Balsamic vinegar, olive oil, salt and pepper, i’m not going to mention how much you need to add from which because it’s all up to you and how you like it.
I really hope this was a helpful dish for a quick healthy dinner, enjoy!