I am falling in love with my steamer! not one drop of oil and it couldn’t taste any better! the idea of having a steamer is cooking your food in the healthiest way to keep your nutrition and to do your sauces on the side, of course keeping in consideration to also go low on the sodium and sugar when it comes to chinese food. Here is the recipe:
– 1 pack of noodles “any type you prefer”
– 4 chicken breasts cut into strips
– Around 8 baby corn cut in half
– Handful of sliced mushrooms
– Handful of sliced Cabage
– Soya sauce
– Sesame oil
– Maple Syrup
1. Season the chicken with soya sauce, sesame oil”advisable to use a few drops cause the flavor is strong”and maple syrup, quantities are up to you, though go easy on the soya you don’t want it crazy salty, let it stay for about 15 min.
2. Place the chicken in the steamer, by that time bring all the vegetables together and also season with sesame oil, soya sauce and maple syrup and set aside till you chicken cooks and then place them inside with your chicken.
3. When everything is cooked, place your noodles and pour hot water on top to just to keep it more moist while cooking, cook till noodles are done.
4. Heat skillet and add, 5 Tbsp of soya sauce, 2 Tbsp of maple syrup, and 1 tsp of sesame oil, let it boil for about 2 minutes, then add around 1/2 cup water, when the sauce starts bubbling remove from stove and add one tsp of Corn flour and stir fast till sauce thickens, pour it on top of your noodles and viola!
My experiments with this steamer wont stop here, i can’t wait to try new things!