Finally Madam Djodjen has sent me the recipe for the shopska salad, just for clarification i took this lovely image from the internet, to know more about this salad click here
The most famous Bulgarian salad……
· 4 tomatoes, chopped (if you can get the pink ones, you will see the difference)
· 1 large cucumer, unpeeled and chopped
· 4 green or red peppers, roasted (preferable) or raw, chopped
· 1 large yellow onion, chopped, or 6 green onions, sliced
· 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
· 1/2 cup sunflower oil
· 1/4 cup red-wine vinegar
· Salt and black pepper
· 1/2 cup Bulgarian/French cheese or feta cheese, crumbled
1. Place tomatoes, cucumber, peppers, onion and parsley in a large bowl and toss.
2. Place oil, vinegar, salt and pepper to taste in a screw-top jar. Cover and shake until well blended. Preferable serve it separately so the salad doesn’t swim in juice.
3. Toss dressing with vegetables if your guests will eat it soon, turn into a serving bowl and refrigerate until ready to serve. Top with crumbled cheese and portion on chilled plates
I am sure it will become your favorite one 🙂