Not only did the house smell amazing but the cookies looked and tasted amazing! My mom is known for these cookies that she bakes every now and then, she always uses in almost all her cookie doughs walnuts and not fully flour cause they add amazing flavor to the cookies, you can either serve them as they are or make sandwich cookies like she has done some filled with jam some with Nutella, as you can see in the picture she’s done heart shaped ones, Christmas trees, and Christmas socks, here is the recipe:
– 250 grams of brown flour
– 250 grams of walnuts “finely ground”
– 150 butter “room temperature”
– 250 grams fructose sugar
– 1 whole egg, 1 egg white
– 1Tbsp Vanilla
– pinch of salt
– Zest of one lemon, juice of also one lemon
1. Sift your flour and set in a bowl, add walnuts and mix, then make a hole in the middle and add all your ingredients and mix using your hands.
2. When your dough is perfect wrap it in plastic and set in the fridge for about 30 – 45 minutes.
3. Preheat your oven, then using the rolling pin spread your dough and using any desirable shapes cut your cookies and place on to your cookie baking tray that you have greased lightly and added wax paper to it.
4. Cook on Low heat, every oven differs from the other so you know your oven best, just make sure you cook on low heat for about 25 minutes, always take a sneak peak cause they have to stay light colored if they go dark that means they are burning!
5. When cookies are cooked, leave them to cool for about 45 minutes, then you could either make sandwiches and fill them with any desirable jam or just serve them like that with a little powdered sugar on top.