Aw this soup was delicious! and it’s a whole meal by itself, here is the recipe:
– 1 Whole chickn
– 2 Onions, 1 whole and the other chopped
– 4 Cloves of garlic
– 1 Handful of sliced mushrooms
– 1 Can of corn
– Bay leaves
– 1 Cinnamon Stick
– 3 Tbsp Flour
– 3 Tbsp of creme fresh
1. First you need to make you chicken stock, in a big pan you put your whole chicken, 1 whole onion, 2 cloves of garlic, rosemary, bay leaf, cinnamon stick salt and pepper, you basically boil the chicken till cooked, i usually do this in a presto cooker to cook faster, when your chicken is done, take out and start taking out all the meat and of course throw the rest.
2. In a separate pan you heat it first then place 2 Tbsp of butter and let it brown, then start cooking your chopped onions and garlic, add in your mushrooms and corn and let it cook for about 3 minutes, after that the flour and cook for another 30 seconds.
3. Add 5 cups of your prepared chicken stock and let your soup simmer for about 20 minutes, occasionally stir and taste check what seasoning it needs and add it.
4. Add your chicken in the soup and cook for another 15 minutes.
5. Add your creme fresh in the end and stir till all is mixed well.
Make sure to serve this soup with some nice bread.
Nothing cozier than a cream of chicken soup in winter! 🙂 so snuggle up to your loved ones and have some soup!