I didn’t get the chance to cook much over the weekend was feeling sick most of the time, but i do feel better today so hopefully i will be back in track, but i managed to do this dish real quick and it was really tasty, so its chili as you can tell but instead of using minced beef i used strips of beef same as the ones we use for the Stroganoff and this dish is full of proteins, here is the recipe:
– 500 grams of beef strips
– 2 Cans of red beans
– 1 Medium onion chopped
– 1 Green pepper chopped
– 5 Cloves of minced garlic
– 2 Bay leaves
– Tomato paste
– 1 Cube chicken stock
– 3 Tbsp of Cumin
– 1 Tbsp paprika / optional if you like it spicy use the spicy type
– 1 Tbsp garlic powder
– Salt and pepper
1. Spray your pan with canola oil and brown the meat but not fully cooked, then remove.
2. In the same pan cook the onions, pepper and garlic.
3. When cooked add the beef, your tomato paste, add all the other spices including bay leaf and rosemary, and add hot water but not covering the whole mixture just almost, cover and cook for an hour.
4. Taste the sauce and check what it needs, also check consistency, make sure you don’t add a lot of water so it thickens when cooking.
5. When you are satisfied with the sauce and meat, add in your red beans and cook for another 15 minutes.
6. Serve with some rice and that’s about it 🙂