I saw a few times how to prepare spring rolls and i didn’t know it was that easy, also i was a little hesitant about the whole frying thing i’d rather not beacause it’s crazy how once i start eating fried food i get bad skin, and all the zits that come with that is just gross not to mention how bloated it makes you feel. So anyways bottom line, you could fry them with Canola oil but very little don’t fill up the whole pan or you can just spray a baking sheet with Canola and just bake them in the oven.
So here is the recipe:
– 1 Pack frozen spring roll pastry
– Half medium sized cabbage, shredded
– 1 Cup of shrimps cleaned and cut in half
– 1 Tsp Ginger freshly grated
– 1 Big carrot shredded
– 2 Tbsp soya sauce
– 1 Tsp Sesame oil
– 1 Egg
1. Separate your pastry and set aside.
2. Mix your cabbage, carrot, ginger, sesame oil, and soya sauce, taste and check if it needs more of any of the ingredients you’ve used.
3. If you don’t know how to roll spring rolls this video is very useful, it also has two strange but very interesting recipes as well, i do it a little differently plus when i seal them i use a beaten egg.
You place your mixture as shown in the video then add around 3 – 4 shrimp halves and roll them.
4. Then you cook then in one of the methods i mentioned earlier, and of course you can have your dip of soya sauce if you like ” i usually like them without ”