So yesterday after my workout i was extremely hungry and i wanted to eat like IMMEDIATELY! usually this dish takes a while to cook but i tweaked it to speed up the process, no i aint no cheater! but i am smart 😉 “i promise i am not full of myself”, my recipe is enough for 3 big stuffed peppers.
– 3 Green peppers, cut in half with the seeds cleaned out
– 300 grams minced beef “i got the one that’s low fat”
– 4 Shallots
– 1 tomato cut in slices
– Salt and pepper
– Olive oil
Creamy tomato sauce
– Handful of cherry tomatoes, crushed
– 3 Shallots
– 1/2 cup low fat cream
– Dry Basil
– Salt and pepper
1. You preheat you oven and wait for about 20 minutes.
2. Get a baking pan, spray it with canola oil, please your sliced tomatoes as the base, then place your peppers on top and season them, let them cook in the oven till you cook your meat on the stove, killing two birds with one stone!
3. In skillet spray canola oil and start cooking your shallots, add in the meat and keep on stirring till it’s all nicely broken up and season with salt and pepper.
4. When your meat is done, take out your peppers and stuff them quickly with the meat, it doesn’t matter if bits fall out of the pepper in the pan cause then the remaining will taste good with all the juices that are going to come out, season and drizzle with a little bit of olive oil, cover with aluminum foil and cook for 30 minutes.
5. In a separate skillet cook your shallots till softened, add in your cherry tomatoes and using a fork just mash them till they are all smudged, add in your low fat cream and cover, let it simmer for about 10-15 minutes.
6. When your peppers are cooked, take them out and drizzle the sauce on it when served! it tastes absolutely delicious.