This is my first time to cook risotto, i didn’t like the idea that i have to constantly be stirring the rice, imagine i start having one bicep bigger than the other hehe, oh well i was watching Jamie Oliver preparing it and it looked pretty simple, i ran to the kitchen to check what i had in the fridge and it was only mushrooms so i decided to make a mushroom risotto, LOVED the taste of it, it is heavy though so if you want to stay in shape eat small amounts or if you’re working out you gotta eat it 3 hours prior otherwise you’ll be showered in your own puke “yeah not very nice”
-2 Cups of risotto rice
– 5 Cups of chicken stock
– 1 Cup sliced mushrooms “you can do a mixture of types of mushrooms”
– 3 Chopped shallots
– 2 Garlic cloves, crushed
– 1 Tbsp butter
– 1 Cup Parmesan cheese
– Chopped Basil
– Olive oil
1. Soak the rice in water for about 20 minutes, then keep on washing it till you see that the water is clean with no startch.
2. Cook your shallots in a pan with olive oil till softened, add the mushrooms and crushed garlic, make sure to season well.
3. Add your rice and stir with your mushroom mixture you will notice it’s becoming creamy.
4. Now the part where you should focus, add 1 cup of chicken stock and keep on stirring for about a minute, you will notice the stock is becoming less so you will need to add another cup and continue to stir, you basically do this process till you finish your 5 cups of stock.
5. Your rice should be fully cooked baring in mind it should be still moist, don’t over cook it where it becomes super sticky with no liquid, maybe every type of rice is different so if your rice wasn’t still cooked even after 5 cups of stock add more stock till it’s fully cooked.
6. When it’s completely cooked, take it off the fire, add in your butter, Parmesan and copped Basil and stir them in.
You will be able to get very creative with this dish, add in any ingredient you want, Jamie Oliver added roasted tomatoes and his risotto turned red and looked yummy! I am gonna try that too!