I could not wait till the weekend to make this, i bought every type of mushroom i found, ones that looked and smelt weird but they tasted amazing! by far i think this is the best lasagna i’ve done, i prefer mushrooms way more than meat! thanks to Emeril’s show i got to know how to make this!
– 1 Pack of Lasagna
– Combination of your favorite types of mushrooms.
– 1 Big onion diced
– 4 Cloves of crushed garlic
– 1 Tomato grated
– Worcestershire Sauce
– 3 Tbsp of flour
– 1/4 cup canola oil
– 4 Cups of milk
– Mozzarella cheese
– Cheddar cheese
– Grated Parmesan
– Dried oregano
– Salt and pepper
1. In a hot pan you cook your onions till they soften and season with salt and pepper.
2. You add in all your mushrooms, it always looks like the mushrooms occupy a lot of space in the pan then when cooked they become softer and smaller because of the water that comes out of them.
3. When cooked you add in your Worcestershire sauce, garlic and tomato.
4. On the side you prepare your sauce blanche, you cook your flour along with the 1/4 cup of canola oil till it’s browned, then you add your 4 cups of milk but add one cup at a time and keep on stirring so your sauce is really smooth, then when it thickens remove from fire and season with salt and pepper, add in nutmeg and cheddar cheese, no quantity for the cheese it’s optional, make sure to not add a lot because you will lose the texture of your sauce blanche, the reason why you put cheddar is just to get that stingy cheesy taste but don’t over do it.
5. So your sauce is ready so is your mushroom mixture, start layering your lasagna, layer > mushrooms, layer > lasagna, Layer, sauce blanche> layer mozzarella and Parmesan cheese, keep on going till you run out, then for the topping you sprinkle mozzarella and Parmesan, you season with salt and pepper and dried oregano.
6. Cook in the oven for about 35-40 minutes and enjoy the best lasagna ever!