My favorite type of noodles when i go for chinese are rice sticks, didn’t know what they were called till recently, and decided to try to make some and it was really good, i wanted to also try one with coconut flavor but i’ll do that next time, for now hope you try this.
– 1 Pack of rice sticks
– 4 Chicken breasts cut into strips
– Handful of sliced mushrooms
– Handful of broccoli florets
– 1 Sliced carrot
– 4 Cloves of crushed garlic
– Soya sauce
– Sesame oil
– 1 Tsp corn flour
1. In a bowl you add 2 Tbsp of Soya sauce and 1 tsp of sesame oil, mix in the kitchen and let it set in the fridge for about 30 minutes.
2. In skillet you heat some oil and start cooking the chicken.
3. When your chicken is almost cooked add in the mushrooms, florets, carrots and crushed garlic.
4. By that time, you soak your rice sticks in water for about 2 minutes, this is just so they soften up a little, then when your chicken mixture is ready place in the rice noodles and mix through, cover your pan and let it cook through.
5. In a separate pan, heat 1 cup of water, 1/2 cup of soya sauce and 1/4 cup of maple syrup ” i like to break the saltiness with a little bit of sweetness”, then when it starts to boil in a small cup dissolve 1 tsp of corn flour in a little bit of water and add it, this helps it to thicken a little.
6. So your Soya sauce is ready, your noodles are ready, both are off fire, you add in your soya sauce in the noodles and mix well till your rice sticks are all brown color.
You will enjoy this dish so much, for next time i’ll do shrimps with coconut sauce, yum yum 🙂