Yes it’s chicken, minced beef and rice, love to eat this with yogurt on the side or mixed in, and it’s a full meal by itself all mixed together, topped with crunchy pin nuts just completes it.
First you gotta make your chicken stock, you’ll need:
– 1 Whole chicken
– 1 Big whole onion
– 2 Bay leaves
– 1 Cinnamon stick
1. In a pressure pan, add in your whole chicken along with your other ingredients and fill with water.
2. Pressure cook it for about 25 -35 minutes.
3. When cooked remove chicken, bay leaves, and cinnamon.
4. With a mixer blend in the cooked onion with your stock, this will add great flavor instead of discarding it.
5. Pick out all the meat off your chicken and discard the bones.
For the rice you’ll need:
– 400 Grams of minced beef
– 1 big onion finely chopped
– 2 Cups of rice
– Handful of pine nuts
– Salt and pepper
1. Heat skillet and cook the onion in 2 Tbsp of Canola oil then add in the meat, stir through till fully cooked.
2. Add in your two cups of rice “you must soak your rice for about 15 min prior” in the meat and stir.
3. Add salt and pepper and nutmeg, then add 4 cups of your chicken stock that you’ve prepared earlier and let your rice cook.
4. When it’s done add in your chicken meat, and top it with roasted pine nuts, usually they fry them i prefer not to because i hate oily food.
Hope you try this dish 🙂