You guys HAVE to try this, i can’t explain to you how juicy and delicious it turned out, the grape juice adds so much flavor, the potatoes are so soft and tender, the mushroom are so juicy and yummy, and this is how you do it:
– 800 grams of beef stew
– 4 Medium potatoes
– 14 Shallots
– 2 Handful of full fresh mushrooms
– 3 Cups of black grape juice
– 1 1/2 cup of beef stock
– 1 Bay leaf
– Salt and pepper
1. Preheat your oven 350 degrees.
2. Season your beef stew cubes with salt and pepper, then you stir fry them with the shallots “not chopped” till nicely browned from the outside, do not over cook, all you want to do is brown the outside, do this step in a ceramic round casserole that comes with a lid.
3. Add in 2 tbsp of flour, bay leaf, and mix well.
4. When your meat is browned you’ll know it’s time for it to go in the oven, now you add the grape juice with your beef stock and you mix well, let it cook for about 2 hours.
5. When you are half way through, you add in the potatoes and the mushrooms, you must not do this in the beginning or they will over cook and become mashed.
That’s all! you will enjoy this dish more with a side salad of red cabbage with vinaigrette dressing.