My first time to make a whole pizza from scratch including the dough and the decision was made, NEVER will i order pizza again! it’s crazy how good your home made tastes rather than eating out not now knowing what they add in their ingredients and how harmful it is to your body and fattening as well!
The only thing that ruined the night was the movie we have watched “The Descendants” yeah it was not so fun, maybe some people like it but we were watching it feeling bored to death! but anyways this is how you do it!
– 1 1/2 cup warm water
– 2 1/4 tsp active yeast
– 3 1/2 cups bread flour
– 2 tsp Salt
– 2 Tbsp Olive oil
– 1 tsp sugar
How to prepare a pizza dough:
1. First you mix in the yeast with the warm water and you leave it for about 20 minutes covered, in my case i used a towel to keep it warm.
2. Then you mix in all your dry ingredients and you add the yeast mixture and olive oil, mix through till the dough starts forming and you’ll notice the crumbles are coming together.
3. Powder your hands with flour and start kneading the dough for about 6 minutes. If you are a beginner watch a youtube video or something of how to knead a dough, it’s actually a stress relief technique just take it all out on the freaking dough!
4. Then you cover again and leave it to rise, it must rise to double it’s size and slightly bigger.
5. Slice the dough to the portion you need, roll into a ball and cover again for it to rise. if you have extra you can always freeze it and use for later.
Ingredients for pizza topping:
– Sliced mushrooms
– Pizza sauce
– Mozzarella cheese “Grated”
– Grana Padano cheese “Grated”
You’re almost done:
1. Preheat your oven to 250 degrees.
2. Using your hands or if you’re a beginner just like me use a rolling pin to spread the dough, don’t forget to sprinkle flour on your surface when you do that, in my case i did a big rectangular pizza rather than a round one, get your baking pan and sprinkle with flour then lay the dough on it and press with your fingers till it’s all spread across, using a fork poke everywhere so your dough doesn’t rise.
3. Then add in the rest of your ingredients which you always start with the pizza sauce and end it with cheese, and right in the end i sprinkle some oregano and salt.
4. You place in the oven and cook it for about 15-20 minutes, but you gotta keep an eye on it because your pizza dough can burn from the bottom.
Enjoy a delicious home made pizza movie night “watch a more interesting movie though”