I always used to see this type of pasta when I go grocery shopping but never allowed myself to buy it because it was a little over priced though I always felt tempted to! specially that i’ve fallen in love with the shape and packaging, there were also other kinds which were ridiculously over priced, this one was for 1.600 kd so i was like “oh what the hell why not?” I did a chicken mushroom gratin which turned out wonderful! and because of it’s thickness it didn’t become soggy when dipped in sauce for a long time because it can absorb a lot of liquid in.
Unfortunately i don’t have a picture of the gratin because it was in our stomach in a matter of minutes! but i will def do it again and take a proper picture, on a positive note i am posting the recipe so here you go:
– 4 chicken breast cleaned and cubed
– 1 pack of mushrooms sliced
– 5 cloves of minced garlic
– 1 can of corn
– 1/2 tsp cinnamon
– Salt and pepper
for the white sauce:
– 3 Tbsp of flour
– 1 litre of milk
– 1 cube chicken stock
– 1/4 cup of canola oil + 1 tbsp of butter
– pizza slice of grana padano cheese grated
– Salt and pepper
1. Boil your pasta as shown on your package until al dente.
2. In a skillet, add a little bit of olive oil with a tbsp of butter, stir fry the chicken and make sure to season with salt, pepper and cinnamon.
3. Add in the garlic, mushrooms and corn, keep on stirring until fully cooked, make sure to taste and check if it needs more seasoning.
4. In a baking pan place pasta in when cooked, and mix in the chicken mixture.
5. It’s time to make your white sauce, add your flour along with oil and butter, keep on stirring until it browns, then gradually add your milk and keep on stirring, when it starts to thicken that’s when you know it’s ready, you add one cube of magi, a handful of grated grand padano and season with salt and pepper.
6. Pour your white sauce on top of your pasta and mix it in.
7. Top it with the rest of the cheese and bake for about 25 minutes.