I wanted to change from the usual lentil soup so i decided to make a squash soup which turned out really good! This is how you do it.
– 2 Squashes, seeded and diced
– 1 Medium carrot, peeled and diced
– 1 Medium diced onion
– 2 cloves of garlic
– 1 litre of chicken stock
– 2 tbsps of butter
– 1 tbsp of cream
– Salt and pepper
1. In a deep pan heat some olive oil and start cooking your onions and garlic untill translucent.
2. Add in the squash, carrots and season with salt and pepper.
3. After about 2 minutes of cooking add in the chicken stock and let it cook for about 45 minutes.
4. When the squash and carrots are perfectly cooked, add in the butter and blend your soup.
5. Seasoning is optional of course, either you like it sweet or sweet and salty all up to you.
The case with every soup, i have to add croutons and a touch of cream