My favorite soup of all times specially to have during Ramadan is the yellow lentil soup, extremely easy to do and very satisfying, you can always be creative with it by adding one extra ingredient in there and it would taste amazing, here is my favorite way of doing it:
– 1 1/2 cup yellow lentil “washed and drained”
– 1 medium onion “chopped finely”
– 1 medium carrot “peeled and cut into slices”
– 1 medium potato “peeled and cut into cubes”
– 3 Tbsp of egyption rice
– 1 litre of water
– 1 Tbsp of olive oil
– Juice of 1 Lemon
– 3 tbsp of cumin
– Salt and pepper
1. Heat olive oil in a deep pan and cook the onion untill translucent.
2. Add the potato, carrot and lentil. Stir for about 30 seconds to mix everything together.
3. Add water and season with salt and pepper. Let Bring to a boil then lower the heat and let it cook for about 45 minutes.
4. When perfectly cooked, blend everything together and return on heat.
5. Add in your rice, make sure to keep on stirring other wise they will stick at the bottom of your pan, this step sort of reminded me of the time when i was doing a risoto you gotta continuously stir.
6. Take off the heat when your rice is fully cooked.
7. Add in lemon juice, cumin and add salt according to how you like it.
Adding croutons is always a plus when eating any soup so you could do that, if you don’t like the consistency of the soup it’s optional for you to add more water to make it less thick.