Well for a first time it wasn’t so bad, the only mistake the I’ve done is that I’ve added a little too much stuffing inside, it would’ve been better to layer it almost thin so your dough crisps from all sides, in my case the dough was the crispiest from the top, but I was still satisfied and can’t wait for the next time to do it 100% right 🙂
Bummer my camera wasn’t taking proper pix so I managed to take only one and couldn’t get the inside.
To make this you’ll need:
– 1 Pack of ready made puff pastry dough
– 4 Chicken breasts “boneless” cut into small cubes
– 1 Large chopped onion
– 2 Cups of fresh sliced mushrooms
– 1 Cup of corn
– 2 Cups of chicken stock
– 3 Tbsp of flour
– 1/2 Cup cream
– 1/4 Shredded mozzarella cheese
1. In a deep pan, heat some oil and cook the onions along with the chicken until fully cooked and don’t forget to season through with salt and pepper.
2. Add the mushroom and corn, stir well, then add the flour and mix it in well.
3. Add chicken stock and cover your pan, let the mixture cook for about 15-20 minutes, you’ll notice your sauce thickened up nicely.
4. Remove pan form heat, mix in the cream and the cheese.
5. Roll out your puff pastry dough into two wide spreads to fit your pan that you’re going to cook your pie in.
6. Grease your pan and put the first layer of puff pastry and spread it with your fingers on the sides, pour in your mixture in, and remember to not do the same mistake as mine and pour almost a 2 cm mixture inside and cover it up with the second layer and make sure to create openings from the top using a knife to allow to place for the steam to come out.
Hope you guys try it and let me know what you think.