Never in a million years would i have thought i would be able to make a cake like this, but i do love a good challenge and it was worth it, I still want to enhance this recipe and try something new so I wont be posting the recipe yet, will bake it again probably by the end of this week and will share the ingredients with everyone.
Hi guys, It’s been an awful long time since i have posted anything on my blog.
I’ve finally delivered and enjoying being a mom every second of the day, finally i started having some free time on my hands which means more cooking experience for me in the kitchen, i can’t wait to post more recipes, thumbs up!
I am so in love with this cake, i found this recipe online and it needed no tweaking at all, I thought this cake was fluffy and light, it doesn’t contain lots of sugar neither oil, it does though have 5 eggs in it but i mean it’s not like you’re going to hog the whole thing at once! Also another thing I’ve realized it baked super quick maybe because it doesn’t contain a lot of flour, I think it took around 25 minutes for it to fully bake in a 350 degrees oven.
I really recommend you guys try it, you would really enjoy it.
As usual I still can’t seem to be satisfied of a specific look for my website, but until then I’m happy with what I’ve got now.
Been doing a lot of thinking of what to cook for lunch then decided to go for chinese, it’s easy and flavorful. I looked up a recipe online then tweaked it and it was awesome.
– 3 Large chicken breasts (cubed)
– 1 Cup sliced fresh mushrooms
– 1/2 Sliced onion
– 4 Cloves of garlic
– 2 Cups of water
– 3 Tbsp of oyster sauce
– 1/4 Cup soya sauce
– 2 Tbsp of brown sugar
– 1 Tbsp of honey
1. In a wok heat some oil and add the onions and garlic, sauté for a minute then add the chicken and season with some salt.
2. When the chicken is almost cooked, add the mushrooms and let it sauté.
3. By the time the mushrooms are getting sautéed, in a bowl mix in using a whisk the water, oyster sauce, soya, sugar and honey, pour on top of the chicken and let it simmer until your sauce thickens, I let it simmer for about 5 minutes.
4. If you like your sauce to be extra thick, you can dissolve one tsp of corn starch in 2 Tbsp of water and add it into your sauce.
You can finish this dish by sprinkling some sesame seeds on top and serve it with noodles or rice. When you realize how easy it is to cook chinese I don’t think you’d ever want to dine outside specially when you know how much sugar and soya sauce they put in their sauces, scary!
Well for a first time it wasn’t so bad, the only mistake the I’ve done is that I’ve added a little too much stuffing inside, it would’ve been better to layer it almost thin so your dough crisps from all sides, in my case the dough was the crispiest from the top, but I was still satisfied and can’t wait for the next time to do it 100% right 🙂
Bummer my camera wasn’t taking proper pix so I managed to take only one and couldn’t get the inside.
To make this you’ll need:
– 1 Pack of ready made puff pastry dough
– 4 Chicken breasts “boneless” cut into small cubes
– 1 Large chopped onion
– 2 Cups of fresh sliced mushrooms
– 1 Cup of corn
– 2 Cups of chicken stock
– 3 Tbsp of flour
– 1/2 Cup cream
– 1/4 Shredded mozzarella cheese
1. In a deep pan, heat some oil and cook the onions along with the chicken until fully cooked and don’t forget to season through with salt and pepper.
2. Add the mushroom and corn, stir well, then add the flour and mix it in well.
3. Add chicken stock and cover your pan, let the mixture cook for about 15-20 minutes, you’ll notice your sauce thickened up nicely.
4. Remove pan form heat, mix in the cream and the cheese.
5. Roll out your puff pastry dough into two wide spreads to fit your pan that you’re going to cook your pie in.
6. Grease your pan and put the first layer of puff pastry and spread it with your fingers on the sides, pour in your mixture in, and remember to not do the same mistake as mine and pour almost a 2 cm mixture inside and cover it up with the second layer and make sure to create openings from the top using a knife to allow to place for the steam to come out.
Hope you guys try it and let me know what you think.
I wanted to change from the usual lentil soup so i decided to make a squash soup which turned out really good! This is how you do it.
– 2 Squashes, seeded and diced
– 1 Medium carrot, peeled and diced
– 1 Medium diced onion
– 2 cloves of garlic
– 1 litre of chicken stock
– 2 tbsps of butter
– 1 tbsp of cream
– Salt and pepper
1. In a deep pan heat some olive oil and start cooking your onions and garlic untill translucent.
2. Add in the squash, carrots and season with salt and pepper.
3. After about 2 minutes of cooking add in the chicken stock and let it cook for about 45 minutes.
4. When the squash and carrots are perfectly cooked, add in the butter and blend your soup.
5. Seasoning is optional of course, either you like it sweet or sweet and salty all up to you.
The case with every soup, i have to add croutons and a touch of cream